Friday, December 31, 2010

Winter time in Alaska!

Besides it being extremely cold and plenty of snow, there's not much to blog about during the winter.  Christmas was quiet, Brian and I opened presents early in the morning then went to Adam and Kristin's later in the day for dinner.  Now with our new Christmas gadgets to keep us busy, our apartment won't turn into a scene from 'The Shining'.  For New Year's we're just going to eat pizza and ice cream, then watch a live broadcast of the ball dropping on the internet.  Woohoo!

We don't have to go far for snow, specially when there's a snow drift against the front door!
Me snuggled up with my Kindle reading a new Stephen King novel.
Even though everything is frozen and dead, I still enjoy the view from our apartments.
I don't know if it's because of the climate up here, but I'm always hungry for cocoa  and toast!
I love this s'more-man light that my Aunt and Uncle sent to me in a x-mas package!
I caught a cold and plugging up my nostrils with tissue never fails me.


1 comment:

Estelle said...

I'm glad to see that you are enjoying the weather up there, even though you are probably SICK of it by now! So I just saw the new car you guys got... NICE! I told Scott and he was like, "I know." I guess I am out of the know. We think about you often and can't wait until we can see you again!